We all get peckish every now and then, and for many people snacks are where they really fall down when they’re trying to eat healthily for a longer, fitter life. It’s so easy to reach for a bag of potato chips, or chocolate cookies . . . but there are loads of snack ideas which are just as easy, just as tasty and just as filling . . . but they’re still HEALTHY!
- Fresh fruit – yes, we all know the obvious, but apples, pears, banana, an orange, kiwi, peaches, apricots, melon, really are delicious.
- Dried fruit – if you don’t have any fresh fruit handy, how about keeping some dried fruit in the store cupboard. Apricots, raisins, prunes and other dried berries are always handy to have around.
- Nuts – little power houses and great for snacking. Nuts, nuts, nuts, any nuts will do.
- Ezekiel raison bread (from Trader Joe’s) toasted and topped with almond butter and slices of banana (great for breakfast or as a snack at any time of the day).
- Whole wheat muffins
- Trader Joe’s sprouted wheat bread
- Trader Joe’s wraps – spread with humus, sprouts, cucumbers, sundried tomatoes, Grey Poupon, beans, soy cheese, salsa . . . whatever you fancy
- Brown rice cakes with raw almond butter and banana
- Apple and celery with raw almond butter
Okay, enough help, I’m sure that you can think up plenty of your own ideas now that I’ve got you started.